DEFINITION AND FUNCTION OF COOKIES:
Cookies are files that are stored on the computer of the user browsing the Internet and that in particular contain a number that allows to clearly identify the user’s computer, even if they change location or IP address. This small piece of information is stored on your browser when you visit our website. Thanks to the cookie, we save your preferences so that when you return, your online experience is improved.
TYPES OF COOKIE WE USE:
Depending on their purpose, this website uses the following cookies:
- Technical Cookies: these are cookies strictly necessary to the use of this website. They enable browsing on the website and the use of various options and/or services found on it.
- Personalisation Cookies: these enable access to the service with some general characteristics previously defined either on your terminal or by you. For example, the language, browser type through which you access the service, design of the selected content, location of the terminal or regional configuration from where the service is accessed.
- Analytical Cookies: these collect information to evaluate the usage you make of the website and the general activity on it, with the aim of guaranteeing the best user service. Web analytics is the measurement, collection, analysis and reporting of web data with the purpose of understanding and optimising web usage. They enable the report manager to track and analyse the behaviour of users of websites to which the cookies are linked. With the correct processing by us or by third parties, they have the purpose of quantifying the number of visits and statistically analysing the usage made of our services by users. Thanks to this, we can study the browsing on our website and thus improve the range of products and services we offer.
On our website we use the Google Analytics app to analyse browsing information; it offers statistics on the number of visits to pages, browsing times, browser types, browsing statistics, redirections, search engines, referred websites, etc. It collects and unifies in statistical reports the traffic to each website, total audience, visits to specific pages, tracking of clicks on specific parts of the website, etc.. You can obtain more information on these services here:
Google Analytics: http://www.google.es/intl/es/…
You can prevent Google Analytics to download cookies on your computer by installing the extension Google offers on the following page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/…
- Social Cookies: these are necessary for external social networks (Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc.). Their function is to monitor interaction with social widgets on the page.
- Advertising Cookies: these enable to effectively manage advertising spaces. Companies or third parties that generate these cookies have their own privacy policies. Currently, our portal uses the advertising platform Google Adwords Targeting:
- Behavioural Advertising Cookies: similar to advertising cookies, these store user information, which allows to develop a specific profile and show advertisements according to it. They collect information on personal preferences and choices on the website. They are directed at advertising networks, who use them to show you personalised advertisements afterwards on other pages. They enable to adjust the advertising content in order for it to be relevant to you and to avoid showing you adverts you have already seen.
In addition, depending the entity that manages the computer or domain from where cookies are sent, and that processes the obtained data, we can distinguish the following:
- Own Cookies: these are sent to your computer by a computer or domain managed by the editor themselves and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-Party Cookies: these are sent to the user’s computer from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes data obtained via cookies; they enable to manage and improve the services offered. Third-party cookies are those created by an external service when a page is used on our website, and consequently the data it contains can be seen and managed by a third party. On our website, we use the following:
Google Analytics: http://www.google.es/intl/es/…
Depending on the time period you remain active for, we can distinguish between the following:
- Session Cookies: these are a type of cookie designed to gather and store data while the user accesses a website. They expire when the user finishes browsing and closes the browser window.
- Persistent or Permanent Cookies: these are a type of cookie in which data remains stored on the computer and may be accessed and processed during a time period defined by the cookie manager, which can range from a few minutes to several years. They expire when they fulfill the function for which they were designed or when the user deletes them.
TO DEACTIVATE OR DELETE COOKIES:
www.gigantia.es appreciates the activation and acceptation of the cookies used on the website, with the purpose of helping us to obtain more precise data that enables us to improve the content and design of the web page and to therefore adapt it to your preferences. However, you decide whether or not to allow cookies; if you decide not to allow them you must block them on your browser. You can set up your browser so that it notifies of and rejects the installation of cookies sent by this website, without it affecting the possibility to access the content. However, we are not responsible for the deactivation of cookies preventing the proper functioning of the website. If you do not wish to receive cookies or if you want to be informed before they are stored on your computer, you can set up your browser to that effect:
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings or by referring to: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/…
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings or by referring to: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/…
- Google Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Privacy -> Content settings or by referring to: https://support.google.com/…
- Safari: Preferences -> Security or by referring to: http://support.apple.com/kb/…
ACCEPTATION OF COOKIES: